ThermoSeed® is a unique biological method for seed treatment based on an environment friendly process. This process was developed at BioAgri to rid the seeds of pathogens and pests.
ThermoSeed® is a profitable, innovative, highly effective and environment friendly seed treatment technology that delivers tremendous added value for seed producers and farmers. The ThermoSeed method is a thermal seed treatment based on steam pasteurisation.
ThermoSeed® is a Swedish invention and that has undergone rigorous testing in different crops in different climate conditions all round the world. Approximately 100,000 tons of seed, primarily grain, are treated annually in 11 different sites located in 6 countries. The volume of ThermoSeed treated seed and the number of new customers are growing annually and globally.
How ThermoSeed works
- Lantmännen BioAgri designs the solution of the Thermoseed-machine which fits best for the customer.
- Thermoseed equipments is today manufactured by two partners, the Dutch companies, Ventilex and Tema Process.
- The customer pays a license fee to Lantmännen BioAgri for the rights to use Thermoseed.
- Lantmännen BioAgri AB provides the customer with specific settings so that each seed batch receives an optimal Thermoseed treatment.
Together with its partners Lantmännen BioAgri offers a unique solution for large-scale seed treatment.
Taming the power of steam, for broad-spectrum disinfection and improving the germination potential of each seed?
Did you dream of it? Thermoseed did it!"
Safe and secure
- Effective control of seed borne pests to give optimal harvest levels.
- Can contribute to a lower DON level of harvested grain from crops established with ThermoSeed treated seed
- Effective treatment of grain infested with storage pests such as the wheat weevil
- Competitive alternative to chemically-treated seed
- No drift of toxic dust.
- Simple and convenient management of treated seed
- A safer work environment without exposure to chemicals
Sustainable food production
- Increases food safety, no risk of residual chemicals
- High product value in the food chain due to lower environment impact
- Meets the EU Directive on Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Full compliance with rules for organic farming
- Can be used to support different sustainable brands within the food industry.
- Excess seed can be used for food or feed